M.O. van Schaik-Radulescu MA
- Split intransitivity
- Impersonal passive constructions
|Telephone number:||+31 (0)71 527 2727|
|Faculty / Department:||Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen, Leiden Univ Centre for Linguistics, Academisch Talencentrum|
2311 BD Leiden
Room number 1.20
My PhD project (ACLC, University of Amsterdam) is entitled "Gradience in split intransitivity: a typological investigation" and focuses on the distinct behaviour of unaccusative vs. unergative verbs in various languages, including Turkish and Dutch.
I am involved in teaching a series of BA courses and tutorials in the English Department (Linguistics 1, 2, 4, 5).
- From August 2010 Temporary teaching replacement position, English Department, Leiden University
- 2005-2010 PhD student, ACLC, University of Amsterdam
- 2003-2004 Reseach MA in Linguistics, University of Amsterdam (with honours) (NUFFIC "Huygens" grant)
- 2001-2005 Lecturer, English Department, University of Bucharest
- 1992-2001 Assistant teacher, English Department, University of Bucharest
- 1994-1998 (diploma in 2002) MA in Classical Philology, University of Bucharest
- 1988-1992 MA in English and German language and literature, University of Bucharest
2005. A Short Introduction to English Phonetics and Phonology. Bucharest: România de Mâine.
2001. An Introduction to Phonetics and Phonology. Bucharest: CREDIS.
2007. “Impersonal passivization: deconstructing the test”. In Pitar Mos. A building with a view. Papers in Honour of Alexandra Cornilescu, G. Alboiu et al. (eds.), 285-301. Bucharest: Editura Universităţii din Bucureşti.
2000. “English 'while' and Romanian 'vreme': two instances of grammaticalization”, Analele Universităţii “Spiru Haret”.
2000. “On verbs of possession in Old Germanic and their emerging auxiliary functions – with particular attention to Old English”, University of Bucharest Review. Bucharest Working Papers in Linguistics, 2.
Geen relevante nevenwerkzaamheden: