D.A.M. (Dlshad) Marf (Zamua)
- PhD student
The Art and Archaeology of Mesopotamia, Zagros and Ancient Near East, my particular interest is the Art of Zagros region from its emergent during stone ages to Christianity, Rock Arts, Rock Reliefs, Cylinder seals.
Cultural Interaction between Assyria and the Northern Zagros during the Middle and Neo-Assyrian periods
Supervisors: Wilfred van Soldt and Diederik J.W. Meijer
Full scholarship funded by Ministry of Higher Education of Kurdistan Region, in Iraq.
- 2000-2004 BA in Art and Archaeology of Ancient Near East, At Archaeology Department, Salahaddin University, Erbil, Kurdistan- Iraq.
- 2004-2007 MA in Art of Mesopotamia (Cylinder Seals), (Title of the thesis: Unpublished Cylinder Seals in Sulaimani (Iraq) Museum ((Analytic Study)) in Arabic), At Archaeology Department, Salahaddin University, Erbil, Kurdistan- Iraq.
- 2007 to Sept. 2011 Instructor in Archaeology Department at Salahaddin University, Erbil, Kurdistan- Iraq, Teaching BA students Art and Archaeology of Mesopotamia and Ancient Near East.
- 2007-2008: Lecture in History Department at University of Koya, Kurdistan- Iraq, Teaching BA students Civilization and History of Ancient Near East.
- 2009-2010: Lecture in History Department at University of Salahaddin, Kurdistan- Iraq, Teaching BA students Civilization and History of Mesopotamia.
- 2007-present: Editor-In-Chief of Subartu Journal it Deal with Archaeology and Heritage), Published by (Archaeologists Syndicate of Kurdistan-Iraq).
- 2006-2011: Head of Archaeological Research at Archaeologists Syndicate of Kurdistan-Iraq/ in Erbil.
Kurdish (Native), Arabic, English
Encyclopedia of Hawler ( Erbil), (2009). (In Kurdish)
Supervising second volume (Vol. of Archaeology and Heritage of Erbil), which consist of ten volumes, more than five thousand (5000) pages, in this volume participate with the below essays:
1. Erbil governorate chronology from Paleolithic to Sasanian period (in the light of archaeological excavations and historical texts), p. 526-538.
2. The Caves at Erbil governorate, p.586-590.
3. Land of Kirruri and the gorge of Kore, p.676-679.
5. Finding arched tomb near Erbil citadel, p.707-709.
6. Searching for the battlefield of Erbila (331 BC), p.726-728.
B. Journal Articles
1. Discovering Petroglyphs (Rock Art) near Derbendikhan Lake in Iraqi Kurdisatn. Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2011, Vol.4-5. (In Kurdish).
2. Discovering anthromorphic, zoomorphic painting in Kafran Cave in Zagros Mountain in Iraqi Kurdistan. Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2011, Vol.4-5. (In Kurdish), with participate of Archaeologist group. (In Kurdish).
3. Meerquly and Rabana rock reliefs in Peramagrun Mountain in Iraqi Kurdistan. Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2011, Vol.4-5 (In Arabic) with participate; Ayhan M. Amedy. (In Arabic).
4. The Monalisas of Mesopotamia, in Merg Magazine, Erbil, 2010, Vol.58, (In Kurdish).
5. Babylonians were the first to invent boxing, in Merg Magazine, Erbil, 2010, Vol.62, p.59. (In Kurdish).
6. Donkeys and horses in the Sumerian art, in Merg Magazine, Erbil, 2010, Vol.63, (In Kurdish).
7. The History of Tattoo and tattooing in Mesopotamia and Kurdistan in Merg Magazine, Erbil, September 2010, Vol.65, (In Kurdish).
8. Kurdish dance and its root from seventh millennia ago, In Merg Magazine, Erbil, 2009, Vol.55, (In Kurdish).
9. Kurdish dance and its root from seventh millennia ago, In Merg Magazine, Erbil, 2009, Vol.55, (In Kurdish).
10. Ancient Sculptures in Amedi (comparative analytical study), in Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2008, Vol.2 (In Arabic).
11. Finding Rock Arts and the Kauragawra cave in Ahmed-Birinda, in Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2008, Vol.2 (In Kurdish).
12. The Urartian Art in southern Kurdistan (Analytic field research), in Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2009, Vol.3 (In Kurdish).
13. The Batas-Harir Rock Relief (Analytic study), in Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2009, Vol.3 (In Kurdish).
14. Ancient Sculptures in Amedi (comparative analytical study), in Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2008, Vol.2 (In Arabic).
15. The Rock Relief of Darband Gawr and the analysis of the artistic evidences for specifying its era, in Subartu Journal, Erbil, 2007, Vol.1 (In Kurdish).
16. Finding Rock Arts (Petroglyphs) in Kurdistan (Field research), Mêju Journal, Vol.1, 2006. P.151-169 (In Kurdish).
17. The Land of Kirruri, in Hazarmerd Journal, Vol.26. 2005. (Translation and preparing from English to Kurdish).
18. Analytic study of the decorations on the pottery of Samarra Culture 5500-4900 BC, in Hazarmerd Journal, Vol.25. 2004 (In Arabic).
Participation in Archaeological Excavations:
- 2010: International excavation at Tell Sâtu Qałâ (Ancient city Idu) (south of Koya on the Lesser Zab/ Iraqi Kurdistan), with Leiden and Leipzig Universities teams, as a head of Salahaddin University's team, under direction of Leiden University, this site dates back to the Middle Assyrian & New Assyrian periods.
- 2008-2009: First and second seasons of excavation for New Assyrian vault tomb in Arab quarter closet to Erbil Citadel, Under directing of Margarete van Ess from “DAI”.
- 2005: Training excavation at Tell Qasra Northern to Erbil Citadel, with Archaeology Dept. Salahaddin University, this site dates back to the Uruk, Hurrian (Second Millennium BC.) And New Assyrian period.
- 2004: Excavation of Tell Greza in Sharazur plain south east of Sulaimani, Kurdiatan, Iraq, directed by Sulaimani Museum, This site dates back to the Halaf, Ubaid, Uruk and Late Abbasid period.
Training Courses, workshops, conferences:
- In September 2010, representing ASKI in an international roundtable session under slogan “Archaeological Investigations at Erbil citadel” under supervision of HCECR-UNESCO. In Erbil Citadel.
- In Oct. 2009, participation in the Sixth Festival of Bedrxan at Athens under the slogan of “From Shanidar Cave to Acropolis” by photographic presentation about “Shanidar Cave: the beginning of civilization and life in Kurdistan”.
- 2008-2009: Course of “Teaching Methods theory and practice” at Salahaddin University.
- 2008: Course of “Sumerian Language and Hurrian history and Culture” at Leiden University.
- In Sept. 2007, participation in a conference about Amedi Citadel with a research “Ancient monuments in Amedi between destruction and maintenance”