Drs. M.S. (Myong-suk) Chi 지 명숙
- Korean language
|Telephone number:||+31 (0)71 527 2546|
|Faculty / Department:||Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen, Leiden Institute for Area Studies, SAS Korea|
2311 CT Leiden
Room number 1.05
Dutch and Korean Literature and Language, Second-Language Acquisition, Literary Translation Studies, Historical relationship between Korea and the Netherlands, Hamel.
- Dutch 19th Literature at Leiden University: Doctoraal examen: Received Drs. title with subject of thesis: Multatuli and Irony. (1980-1982)
- Dutch Language and Literature, Leiden University, The Netherlands: Propaedeuse & Kandidaatsexamen. (1975-1980)
- Han'guk University for Foreign Studies, Seoul, Korea: Received B.A. degree in Dutch Language and Literature. (1971-1975)
- Lecturer at Korean Studies, Leiden University. BA Courses. (2010- )
- Lecturer at Japanese and Korean Studies, Leiden University: BA and MA Courses for the Language Acquisition such as Language Lab, Conversation, Active Language Training, Business Korean, Composition, etc. (1997-2009)
- Coordinator at Japanese and Korean Studies, Leiden University, the Netherlands: developing of diverse study materials: Reading Korean Newspapers, Korean Grammar, Korean Language tapes, Business Korean, Korean literature etc.(1994-1996)
- Guest Professor in Japanese Studies, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium: Courses for Korean Culture, History, Language & Literature. (1987-1991)
- Lecturer at Dutch Department, Han'guk University for Foreign Studies, Seoul, Korea: Courses for Dutch language and literature. (1983-1985)
- (translation: book) Multatuli: Max Havelaar
하벌라르], Munhak-soochup[문학수첩], 1994, p. 452.
- (translation: books) H. Mulisch: De ontdekking van de hemel [ 천국의 발견] (2 vols), Jakkajŏngshin[작가정신], 2002. p. 1473 & p. 693.
- (book) B.C.A. Walraven & M.S. Chi: 보물섬은 어디에 -네덜란드 공무서를 통해 본 한화 교류사- [Where is treasure Island? - Relationship between the Netherlands and Korea, based on the Dutch East India Company’s and other archives of the Dutch Government], Yonsei University Press[연대 출판사], 2003, p. 294.
- (translation: books) Floortje Zwigtman: Wolfsroede l [늑대단] (2 vols), Tongnyŏk, [동녘], 2007, p. 384 & p.396.
- (translation: book) C. Nooteboom: Philip en de anderen [ 필립과 다른 사람들 ], Minŭmsa [민음사], 2008, p. 219.
Various levels of BA courses in Korean language acquisition, including
- Basics (Introduction on Korean grammar and writing)
- Introductory Speaking and listening
- Advanced Speaking , listening and understanding
- Integrated Korean
- Ministry of Education, The Netherlands, full scholarship 1975 - 1982.
- Korea Foundation , Seoul, Korea, matching funding for assignment of appointed coordinator and lecturer at Korean Studies, Leiden Univ. 1997-2005.
- Dutch Foundation for Translation of Dutch literary work, translation grant. 1994.
- Sworn interpreter and translator, confirmed by oath by The district-court, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Member of the Multatuli Society.
- Member of the Comparative Literature Research - Member of the Association of the Dutch Literature (Maatschappij der Nederlandse Letterkunde).
- Advisor to Cheolla Province, Korea.
Geen relevante nevenwerkzaamheden: