|Number of lessons||6|
|Day(s) and time(s)||see Timetable & Registration|
|Registration fee||€ 130 for students and staff of Leiden University
€ 200 for others
|Language of instruction||English|
This course is for anyone who wishes to improve their pronunciation of English. After a first diagnostic session in which each participant's strengths and weaknesses are pinpointed, we will deal with troublesome sounds in small groups (or individually, if necessary). In addition, there will be special sessions on intonation and stress and on the relationship between sound and spelling. The course is very practical. No prior knowledge of phonetics is required.
Participants will be provided with handouts during class.
This course is intended for highly educated adults, both students and staff members of Leiden University, as well as interested parties with no affiliation with Leiden University.
This course is intended for participants who have already obtained level B2 of the CEF. You are strongly advised to take a placement test in order to find out which level suits your current knowledge of the English language. You can simply complete the online placement test at home. When you are in doubt, contact us: 071 - 5272332 / email@example.com
If you wish, you may also take the test at the reception desk of the Academic Language Centre on working days between 9:00 and 15:30 o'clock. It is not necessary to make an appointment.
- The maximum number of participants for this course is 16.
- The holiday periods can be found in the Academic Language Centre's academic calendar.
- If classes are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, they will be added at the end of the courses. Please take into account that courses may end later than scheduled.
- The course level is indicated with the help of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Description of tariff groups
- Terms and conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions