In order to be classified as an Internship in the BA International Studies programme, the position should:
- use the student’s intellectual capacities in some way
- be international in some way (this requirement can be broadly interpreted; an organization, or the intern’s role with an organization, can be ‘international’ in any number of ways that would meet this requirement)
- It should lead to a relevant and suitable research project in some way. Students are required to write a research project based on their internship. If a research topic is not inherent to the internship assignment, students will devise a topic, in consultation with their employer and their Internship supervisor in the International Studies Programme
- be a minimum of 450 hours in length (the equivalent of 3 months full time). The exact make-up of these hours can be flexible according to the organizations needs and the agreements made between intern and employer.
- generally pay the intern an appropriate salary for the type of position and the level of responsibility
- be supervised by an appropriate member of the hiring organization
If you are interested, please contact us.